New edition of ETCO Magazine is now available
Publication portrays ETCO's actions to promote competitive ethics and strengthen the business environment
The issue No. 26 of the ETCO Magazine, June 2021, is already available, dealing with various topics related to competitive ethics and the strengthening of the business environment. The reports can be read on the website of the Brazilian Institute of Ethics in Competition (ETCO) or downloaded in PDF format.
The magazine contains the following content:
- Message from the President
- Study on tax litigation conducted by ETCO and EY is the subject of a seminar promoted by the Brazilian Association of Tax Law
- ETCO's position on Tax Reform brings recommendations to strengthen the business environment and competitive ethics in the country
- Event on the legal website Jota, sponsored by ETCO, discusses the relationship between tax authorities and taxpayers
- National Council of Justice and CNJ sign agreement to study and propose joint solutions to tax litigation
- Research shows a small drop in the informal market in Brazil in 2020 because of the pandemic. Forecast is to rise again
- The differences and the common points of two bills that promise to harden the fight against the persistent tax debtor
- The importance of the work of the Legal Fuel Institute to help the country see and combat fraud in the fuel sector
- Miniseries reveals the intricacies of cigarette smuggling from Paraguay to Brazil. Crime now dominates more than half of the Brazilian market
- In its 10th edition, the Empresa Pró-Ética program is consolidated as one of the main instruments for promoting integrity in companies
- Ministry of Infrastructure creates corruption prevention program aimed at companies in the land transport infrastructure sector
- The messages that ETCO has spread in recent months through articles published in important press outlets in the country
- Reflections by ex-minister Pedro Malan, who was the special guest at the most recent meeting of the ETCO Advisory Council
- ETCO Advisory Council meets with deputies Rodrigo Maia and Aguinaldo Ribeiro
- Delcio Sandi takes over the chairmanship of the ETCO Board of Directors
Article: The precariousness of the rule of law
Stability and clarity are minimum requirements for law enforcement. This is not what you see in Brazil. Standards are changed frequently, often with deplorable technical quality. The interpretation given to the norms also changes continuously, without plausible justification.
“But the fact that it is difficult should not serve as a disincentive or hopelessness.”
Everardo Maciel, chairman of the ETCO Advisory Board, is a tax consultant and was Secretary of the Federal Revenue (1995-2002). In a quick chat, he talked to us about the importance of ethics, especially in difficult times like the ones we live today.
the spanish lesson
In an article published in the newspaper O Estado de São Paulo, the president of the ETCO Advisory Board, Everardo Maciel, talks about the good example of Spain, which constituted a committee to examine its tax system, so that proposals for reformulation could be presented.