Program to reduce tax litigation could benefit 29 thousand companies

In the midst of a scenario of falling revenue and with the possibility of reducing the surplus target, the government created this Wednesday (22), by means of a provisional measure, a program to reduce administrative and judicial disputes involving tax debts that may benefit 29 thousand companies. Under the Tax Litigation Reduction Program (Prorelit), companies in litigation with the Federal Revenue Service and the National Treasury Attorney General (PGFN), in the first or second instance, will be able to use tax credits to pay part of these obligations as long as they give up the shares , including in the judicial sphere.

The program - which can be used by companies investigated by Operation Zelotes, of the Federal Police (PF) - provides that companies will be able to pay up to 57% of tax debts using credits generated by tax losses from Individual Income Tax and by calculation basis negative contribution of Social Contribution on Net Income (CSLL) calculated up to December 31, 2013. The remaining debt, 43%, must be paid, mandatorily, in cash.


Source: Jornal do Commercio (24/07)